Thứ Sáu, 25 tháng 7, 2014

Both Of Us Are Watching the Moon

Bài dịch Anh ngữ

BOTH OF US ARE WATCHING THE MOON

The five kilos’care package, I opened it with trembling hands,
Although not crying, tears have swelled in my eyes.
From back home, how much pain and suffering have you borne
To support me and nurture our love.

An egret not accustomed to waters on the riverside
A person not used to hard labor in the rice paddy
With the youngest child still uttering the first few words,
And the older one in your arms, how can you tend to other tasks?

You wrote a few lines dampened with tears
“Both of us are watching the moon
Why so much distance is spread from South to North,
Which pain is more tearing than separation?”

I have said to you, don’t wait for me,
In exile, who can dream of the reunion day,
For the children’s sake, please step forward
Let me endure the suffering alone.

If I cannot return to you,
When our grown-up children ask about their father
Just point to the North horizon, and say
Your father has paid his tribute to the country.

Translated by Binh Nhung
07.18.2003